Lufthansa has different hand luggage rules for the economy and business-class passengers. In this article, you will find out the actual Lufthansa carry-on allowance in 2023 – the size and weight of cabin bags allowed to bring on the plane.
Lufthansa hand luggage allowance in economy class
Economy-class passengers can travel with one cabin bag and one personal item on Lufthansa flights:
- a cabin bag should fit 55x40x23 cm and weigh up to 8 kg.
- a personal item should fit 40x30x10 cm without a weight limit.
Lufthansa allows as main hand luggage a bag, backpack, or trolley carry-on.
You can’t increase the hand luggage allowance in the economy class on Lufthansa flights, but you can purchase the luggage beforehand to save money.
Lufthansa hand luggage allowance in business class
Business-class passengers can bring two bags and one personal item as hand luggage on the Lufthansa plane:
- the first bag with dimensions 55x40x23 cm and weight up to 8 kg,
- the second bag with dimensions 55x40x23 cm and weight up to 8 kg,
- a personal item with dimensions 40x30x10 cm without weight limit.
Laptop as hand luggage on Lufthansa flight
You can bring a laptop or a laptop bag as a personal item on Lufthansa flights. The device should fit 40x30x10 cm dimensions.